SUNRISE uses several methods based on different strategies for mobilisation and participation.
- Quantitative and qualitative methods of co-collecting and co-analysing information.
- Action research – researchers and consultants are not restricted to analysis but they take part to the co-processes of change.
- Transdisciplinary and involvement of urban and regional stakeholders of politics, administration and private, organised and non-organised citizens.
- Deployment of “citizen science” – specific forms of the involvement of organised and non-organised citizens for the first time in the field of urban development and mobility behavioural change
- The use of the internet (mobile and stationary) as tool for interactive, more inclusive and more transparent participation processes
- To use of internet as a tool to mobilise “crowd wisdom”, collective intelligence and creativity