The neighbourhood of Neo Rysio is located in the Municipality of Thermi, about 20 kilometres from the city centre of the Municipality of Thessaloniki. With a population of 2,952 inhabitants, Neo Rysio consists primarily of residential areas with local commercial activity and it has a strong functional relationship with the urban core of the municipality of Thermi, as well as the centre of Thessaloniki, in terms of administrative, economic, health, educational activities.
- Car as dominant transport mode causes heavy traffic in two main streets
- Inapropriate infrastructure to access schools
- Lack of a playgrounds and appropriate infrastructure for children’ and familiess’ recreation activities
- Bureaucracy as a barrier for obtaining approvals
SUNRISE intervention aims at triggering a paradigm change in the neighbourhood, based on a cocreative decision making process, as well as modal split change in favour of sustainable and shared mobility solutions.
TheTA, SUNRISE technical partner which is in close cooperation with a number of relevant local stakeholders, will manage the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the SUNRISE cocreative process, by using traditional and innovative participatory.
- Awareness raising event
- Special interviews
- Public transport improvement measures
- Installations of bike parking, smart bus stop, traffic signs outside of school to decrease speed outside of the school
- Study on how to promote the bike parking
- Working on pedestrian bus